Thursday, August 10, 2006

0801 Glacier Blue

When I recognized that we are going to Title Wave to have our breakfast, I was so happy. Mandy told me it is a lovely place with coffee and books, both second haned and new, yesterday. I wanted to visit it very much, but I came back late yesterday. It is a really good place to have a coffee and spend some time with books. I had my Latte and croissant today which were good.Then, we went to Mandy's place to pick up some food of mine. Jarrow, Mandy's Siberian Huskey, is a very pretty and lovely dog. Almost every people I meet in Alaska has a dog, big dog, not like my lovely pomeranians. We left Anchorage about 11:30. The scenery is so beautiful on the road. We stopped at Portage Glacier where Mandy used to climb to reach a gracier 14 years ago. That must be one of the greatest experiences that make her feel Alaska a home. We stopped at Moose Pass for our lunch in about 2:00. I had my first deep fried Halibut and it was delicious. We arrived Seward SeaLife Center in about 3:30 and met Jenelle and got my pass card. While we were waiting Jenelle and Becky to go dinner after ther work, Mandy and I went to visit Exit Glacier. This time, I can get so close that I can even feel the melting water drop on the ice! We were so lucky to have a sunny day. It was really magnificent. Its blue color was so beautiful. We don't have much time to stay here, but if I have chance, I will definitely come here again.Our dinner was at a greek restaurant, Apollo. The food was delicious, but I was still so full that I can't not eat too much. We also talked a lot. Jenelle is the inter and volunteer coordiant of SeaLife Center, and Becky is another violunteer here, she has been her for a month.I stayed tonight with Valery and Teneal and their lovely dog, Lika. We talked about Teneal's food experience in Mongolia and Valery's in Africa. It was so interesting. We also planned to go fishing together on Saterday which will be so cool! I can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home