Thursday, August 10, 2006

0802 SeaLife Center


It was cold and ranning. I met Jenelle in SeaLife Center in the morning. She took to meet my boss, Anne. She is a very nice person. She wanted me to help her to combine her data and GIS to make the researches more practical and even show to public for educational use. The goal is very promising. I hope I can really do something while I'm here.I met a lot of people today and went to the behind of the scenes tour. It was a guided tour that show you and tell you what is going on in this research center. It was very interesting to know that the animal's name this year are all followed a spice's name. So we have Curry, Dill, Ginger ect. After the tour, I spent my time sitting in front of Horbor seals and Puffins watching them swimming in the water gracefully.I moved to Seward Waterfront Lodging today. It is only 3 minutes walking from here to SeaLife Center and it is just on the coast. Greg, the owner, is very friendly and hospitality. I'm sure I will have great month staying here.In the evening I went to buy milk from the supermarket and met Joseph and Irene (the owner of the Arctic Adventure Hostel) on the bike trail. What a surpise :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home