Thursday, August 10, 2006

0803 Orientation Day

Today is my orientation day. There are three orientations waiting for me. The first one is computer IT. I got my account which I can login SeaLife Center computer system and also an e-mail account. I like this. It seems I am really one of them now:)The second one is Lab safty orientation. Because the research here is related to biology and chemistry, you must becareful not to spread out disease and toxic chemical. The regulations are impotant to be followed here. My third orientation is safty, but all of securities are busy. I think I will have it some other time. It was cold and raining. I called Yica in New York city. She told me it was incredible hot there and it reached to 110 degree! It was more than twice as I was here 51 degree!! It is really a summer but feel not like a sumeer. I had some time that I can walk around in town. I fould the library is a nice place to visit and stay for a while on a rainy day. There are lots books and newspaper and the best, free wireless internet! I also read the story about a boy from Seward, he is the person that designed the Alaska flag!Arlene treated me some Halibut sashimi. It was so fresh and so delicious with soy bean sauce. I was so satisfied.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home