Thursday, August 10, 2006

0804 Start to work

Except lunch, I stayed in Lab and fixed my eyes on computer all day. It was almost like the days when I was doing my project. The goal of what I'm going to do is how to use GIS to present the researches here and even applied it to educational use. However, there are lots of problem I need to deal with at first. What kind of map and projection is good for use? Do we need to set up a grid system? If we do, we may need to change the vector system to raster. And, it seems hexagon is better than grid system, but I don't know how to creat it. All these I want to make sure in the beginning because I hope we can set up a well-designed system that helps people to do a long-term research and need no worry about the difference of different interface and changing format.It was very time consuming and boring. However, it helps me develop the abilities to think and to solve the problem. One month is kind of short to do something. But, I'm trying.Evening was quite relaxing. I talked to my Mom and my sister, missed the food from home and my lovely dogs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home