Thursday, August 10, 2006

0805 Saturday

I woke up in the morning at 8:00. Usually I don't sleep so much while I'm traveling. It must be the cold weather here that make me sleep so well or this place is so much like home for me. haha~~The weather was nice. Mostly cloudly, but no rain! I decided to go biking. I would like to go Exit Glacier, but it takes me about 12 miles one way.... I don't think I'm strong enough to do this. I picked a easier trail which Greg suggested. I started on Seward highway went north about 2.5 miles and turn right on Nash road. At a swamp I met a swan group, a mom with her kids, swimming one by one gracefully. I saw some glaciers on the mountains behind. The day when Mandy drove me down to Seward, she always said here is a glacier and there is, too. I didn't understand that time. They all seemed like white snow on the mountains. How can she know there is a glacier? But, I can understand now. The special blue color of it is its mark. I can now easily tell where there is a glacier~I went on the trail about 2 miles and stopped by a small harbor there. Now, I'm on the other side (east) of Resurrection Bay. I can overlook downtown Seward. The road followed,was a uphill slope. I stopped there and turned back. On my way back, I stopped at Small Boat Harbor. There is a fish cleaning station there, too. I spent some time walk around there and visited Kenai Fjord National Park vistor's center. I fould they have everyday Exit Glacier and Staturdays Harding Icefield guided tour! I hope next weekend will be a sunny day, too. Then I can try to go to Harding Icefield trail which I want to go so much. Think you can walk on a glacier!Greg and Arlene set up their campfire in their yard. They said they always do this on Saturday during summer as long as the weather is good. Everyone sat around the fire and talked. It was very lovely. Andrew, Marina and I throw a football. We also barbecue hotdogs and marshmallows.

At the night (even still bright), the cruise started its journey. It became smaller and smaller. Until disappered in the far distance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home