Thursday, August 10, 2006

0806 Not a BEAR day

I planned to go fishing with Valerie and Teneal today, but Teneal didn't feel good today. Anyway, they go fishing every weekend. I still have many chances~~I don't have any other plan, so I walked back to Lodging. I asked Greg about the possibility of Kayaking. Since the weather today is so beautiful, I don't want to waste it. He suggested two company near by. However, he said he plans to go kayaking with Andrew and Marina by themself AND they need the fourth person!!! If I like I can join them. I was so happy to hear that. Greg said maybe Tuestday evening when he has time. I can't believe how lucky I am!After picnicing (I mean eat my sandwich)on the coast, I decided to try Mt Marathon trail. It is famous for it July 4th marathon race every year. The racer's trail is very steep, so I tried to go the Jeep's road (it is not for Jeep using). It is still steep, but still in a resonable range. After 40 minutes, the slope milds down, the tree line finish and bushes start. I found some berries here. I'm not sure what are they, so I think it is better not to eat them~ The view begins to broad here. You can look back the resurrection bay and the mountains across the bay. Even more, wide flowers are everywhere and they are so beautiful. About 15 minutes easy walk along a creek, the slope becomes steep again. I stopped there, since there is no clear sign shows how far the trail is. I arrived the trail head on 4:30 pm. I spent two and a half hour round trip there. Some people just after me said they saw a little black bear showed up on the trail. Well, I didn't see it. Maybe it is good not to meet a bear, but... Anyway, maybe next time~ I'm thinking next time I'll start earlier and try to reach the top of Mt Marathon.I went to the Samll Boar Harbor. Greg told me yesterday I can come here around 5:00 pm and I can see a lot of people coming back with their fish. It really is!!! I saw many people hang all the fish they got today on the hook and got photos under a sign "Caught in Seward, Alaska" The fish were most Halibut and Silver Salmon. There were still some that I can't recognize what kind of fish they are. There is a big Fish Cleanning Area that people cut down the meat and throw away other parts. I found they basically cut the meat on both side of the fish and throw away the others (bones, tail fin etc.). In my opinion, it is quite a waste. There is still lot of eatable meat on the bone!I had a very time day! I'm ready to work tomorrow~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home