Saturday, August 12, 2006

0812 Harding Ice Field Trail

Last Saturday I fould there is a guided trail tour every Saturday hold by Kenai Fjord National Park. I was so excited to know it. However, when I wake up in the morning, rainning. I went on my bike head to small boat harbor where the National Park vistor center is and asked them if there was still a tour on a rainny day. The answer is positive. The next step was how to get there. I asked Greg yesterday if there is any shuttle or bus that I send me to Exit Glacier. Answer is positive. There is a company they offer shuttle service from small boat harbor to Exit Glacier and the round trip ticket cost $9. I was the only guest on the 8:30 shuttle. I told that guy I have to arrive on 9:00 to take the guided tour. So even only me, he still drove the shuttle and sent me their on time. Thanks him so much~
This was really a pleasant trail. The trail is very clear. It won't be hard if you come by yourself. But I'm that kind of person if there is only me, I won't do anything. This is why I was there even on a rainny day. Our tour guide is a ranger here, Peggy. She knows almost every plant here. The trail is all the way up. But the scenery is so beautiful that I almost forget the hard part.
http://www.nps.gov/kefj/trip_planning/maps/Harding%20Icefield%20Trail.htm
In the summer, wild flowers are everywhere. They use their limited time blooming. After the tree line. Colors of flowers make the meadow so beautiful. Peggy said, meadow is the place most likely to see a wild animal. I was lucky to see on little black bear run through in a distance. Other people saw even marmot. After standing on the top of mountain, you can feel like you are on the island surrounded by the sea. The ice field is blue color with white ice on it. You can image the white ice is the wave splash on its top. It is manificent. Hard to discribe by words. I took a lot of pictures and I will put them on later.
I'm so tired now. I hiked about 8 hr today. I am so satisfied.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home