Thursday, August 10, 2006

0810 Move ahead a little bit

Now, I have the counting data of Harbor Seals on Aifrom 1979. I think I can combine it to the temperature of sea water. Then, I can see if the temperature changes effects the population of them. I tried to search data on the internet. I found a nice website National Oceanographic Data Center. They have world ocean data in 10 degree grid! They do have the data I need, but in ASCII form. They also have some instruction for how to convert it to readable form. What I mainly do today was trying to follow that instruction. Finally I made it.
However, research is never easy. You solve one problem and there comes another. I now have the data of seals number and the temperature of sea water in temporal scale. But, there are all on one point. In GIS, the two dimentions is the normal. Now, I have three. My work tomorrow will be study how to use this 3D mode in GIS which is a new field for me. Learn and work at the same time. Sounds good, but I hope I can get some result.
Tonight, Greg's hotel came some picky guests. It was only 8:00 in the night, but they said they can't bear ANY noise. Arlene stopped me do my laundry (I just started for 1 min) because it makes to much noise. At last, they still decided to leave. Greg seemed a little bit angry. He told me I can do my laundry now. This world do have lots of different kind persons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home