Monday, August 14, 2006

0814 Necropcy

Tomorrow is Abby's last day here. She is from Miami (such a big difference from here!) and she is an intern in Harbor Seals lab. She has been here for three months! I wish she can stay here longer. Sometimes it is really bored spend all your day indoor with computer. It is nice to have a person that you can talk to. We went to a presentation this afternoon. It was about dietary with fish and they possibility of murcury consumption. The answer is NO! You can eat as much fish as what you want in Alaska! After this, I went to a necropcy of a harbor seals (sorry, I must spell it wrong. I will check it tomorrow.) He died on last Friday and was sent here. This is nice that everyone in SeaLife Center who is interested in it can join it. They found a lot of tapeworms in his organs. They believe it was the reson he died. Poor little one.
I was glad I am not major in zoology or medical science. This is really hard for me to do this work. That's good to know different fields~ I'm learning something new everyday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home