Wednesday, August 16, 2006

0816 Ranting Raven

My computer shutdown this morning. I hoped it was not because I ran too many program at the same time :P GIS must be a very big program that the computer runs it slowly. After restart it, it was doing ok~
I didn't really do anything today. There are lots of thing to do but I started to get lazy.... I alwalys tell myself you only have two weeks left! I have no idea....
I found a nice website about NOAA's research in Glacier Bay and they also used the 3D analyst of GIS! I think it must be the case that I can use for reference. I need to spend some time read their report to see how they did this.
Something good still happened today. Becky and I had a lunch date today. I asked her to suggest a place to go. She said how about Raven? They have nice soup. They really is!
http://www.trailriver.com/rantin_raven.htm Their soup is chowder today with a helf sour dough. For a large one, it is $4 plus tax. They also have many kind of fresh baked bread, light lunch and of course coffee. This is really a lovely place. In the front of the store is a gift shop. The coffee shop is in the back. Now I started to miss the Snow City Cafe in Anchorage. http://www.snowcitycafe.com/ They are all nice local place.
I enjoyed the time with Becky very much. She has been here since July 3rd and is going to leave on Saturday. I should visited her earlier. She keeped looking for me but everyone she asked didn't where I was. That is because I work with computer in the lab of first floor. Don't have many chances to meet a lot of people. That's why not many people know where I am. Becky said she even think I'm working with top secrete that hide in somewhere. hahaha~~
We had a great time. I took her visit the place I live and the "top secrete place" I work. With the end of summer, lots of people leaving. All interns and volunteers are going to have a dinner party on Friday night. It must be a lot of fun~
I went to Safeway, the supermarket here, to buy some food in the evening. I looked around the supermarket and surprisingly, they don't have fresh salmon and halibut or even any kind of fish for sale! Seems people get the fish and eat them right away. haha~~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home