Thursday, August 17, 2006

0817 Something good and something bad

I was so surprised the sky broke up this morning!!! I checked it on the website and it showed it would rain at least 10 days here! I was so happy to see the blue sky, but... I have to work today. The bad news was I can't use the ArcGIS today. It was very strange. We have only one liciense here. That means only one computer can run this software a time. But since last afternoon, the status has been in use. I checked with Anne this morning. I thought it might be her who was using it but she thought that was me! The problem didn't solve today. I was depress that I can't do anything today.
However, I do learn something today. Because part of my job is trying to find some media for education department to do their presentation. They gave me their schedual about the presentations they are going to have recently for me as an example. The one I went to at 10:00 today was about rehibitation. It was really a good one. The presentator said she loves every minitue working with animals. She introduced how they help the animal like seals, sea otters from wild. They feed them, train them in order to send them back. She has two cute models a plush seals and a sea otter and she presented how they feed and inject the animals by using those dolls. Really neat. I am always so moved when meeting people like her with so much enthusiasm.
There was a potluck part in the noon today. This was because today is the last day of Valerie at SeaLife Center. This is a beautiful day, so we move the party to outside like a picnic style. I made some hot and sour soup which is my favorite. But it seems everyone doesn't really like it..... I think maybe it is because it is really hot and really sour.... Americans seems like something sweeter. It left about a half in the pot and would become my dinner.
The weather was so good and I can't really do anything today. So much I want to go out and hike a little bit. However, I have my safty orientation today at 3:00. This is the one I didn't have on my orientation day. It finished earlier. I think I should be have enough time for hiking a little bit before sunset. I took my bike and head to Lowell to take the trail I missed on Sunday. I have more information now. I know it is about a mile and a half to reach Tosina Point from the trail head and I should stop there since beyond that point is a intertidal zone. You can pass it only when the low tide. If you want to take the whole trail, you must have two day and camp one night here because the intertidal area. http://www.dnr.state.ak.us/parks/units/caineshd.htm
It is good enough for me enough. This is a pleasant trail. Walk in the woods and along the stream. What is special for this season is salmons are spawning now! This is really cool to see so many salmons in the Tonsina river and they are huge! The water is so clear that I can see fish swimming! After 10 min walking across the river, I arrived Tosina point the end of my hiking today. I found this is the place which we rest last time when we kayaked! It took me about four hours included biking between Seward and Lowell point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home