Friday, August 18, 2006

0819 Party for interns and volunteers

I'm so glad I went hiking yesterday. It is rainy, windy and cold today. But a rainny day makes you really concentrate on your work and wouldn't have the feeling wants to go out especially I had a lot of fun yesterday. HAHAHA~~
Seems I did it very good today. I followed the result of the Glacier Bay project and made some modefication. Since the software improve now, it is much easier to do this. What I did is basically use a 2D clostline map of Aialik and input another data layer with temperature and depth data in it. First locate the study points by their X and Y axis (longitude and latitude) and then creat a Z axis to show the depth. The temperature are shown by a serious dot and the graduated color shows the temperature difference. This works! Anne seems pretty happy about this resut. She wants me to creat a 3D bathymetry map in the beginning. But I have some trouble doing that. I'm still trying to figure it out. Anyway, I got something today. And my next step is trying to add time scale in it. It means the color of temperature should change with time if I can make it.
This is good for a rainny cold day~
There was a dinner party this evening for all inters and volunteers. Jenelle is the person reponse to this program. After this, I herad lots of people said they really had a good time and Jenelle really did a great job. We had good food very delicious cocunut halibut and very yammy chocolate cake. Everyone get a gift (I heard this is Jenelle's style. No one would leave with only two hands~). I got a ticket for Ancorage Zoo! Haha I probably need one day more in Anchorage no to visit the zoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home