Wednesday, August 23, 2006

0823 View in different path

A beautiful day. Since I went to the Mt Marathon, I started to keep my eye on the trail to see if there is anyone climbing it. It is true that after you have been with it, you start to have feeling on it. Though it rains a lot here, I still start to love here. I even image I can come next time with my friends. We can try camping here alone the coast. I found the shower place today with hot water! We need to stay in Seward at least five days. One day each for Harding Ice Filed, Mt Marathon, Tansina Point Trail+ SeaLife center, sea kayaking and Kenai Fjord tour! Sonunds good, right?
About my work, I tried to convert the spacial reference into DEM data. The data I got is GeoTiff format. It supposed to have spacial reference in it which you can set the projection of the map. Somehow it lost the reference data. It is to hard for me to write it a new one. Finally, I decided to ask the data manager, NOAA. Hopefully, I can get some responces tomorrow.
In the evening, I took a walk. My legs still ach after I came back from Mt Marathon. I didn't plan to walk for long. The scenery and weather are so beautiful that make me keeping walking alone the bike trail on the coast. This is really different when you walk. Your speed slow down and have more time to admire everything around you. I headed to the entrance of the town. There is a meorial place for Benny who disigned the Alaskan flag http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/us-ak.html
when he was 7 grades. I love how he explained his design "The blue field is for the Alaska sky and the forget-me-not, an Alaskan flower, The North Star is for the future state of Alaska, the most northerly in the union. The Dipper is for the Great Bear symbolizing strenth".
Beside the memorial park is a lagoon and a wooden trail around it. I didn't know this trail since I often took the bike trail which does not lead to here. I walked on the trail and viewed the Mt Marathon on the side. I found the fall which I didn't see one the trail! Haha, there is really a fall there. Seems I missed it! I walked back to the bike trail. Lots of camping car here. Though the weather is good, it is still cold. Fall is coming here. Many camp fires are made around the coast. I saw some people look in to the estuarine. I walked colse and found there are a lot of fish trying to swim up from the sea! I passed by this place so many time that I didn't stop. Now I know there is something happening here! It is so touched to see the fish trying hard to againt the water flow.
I walked for about 2 hours this evening unexpected. A pleasant exercise after dinner :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home