Sunday, September 03, 2006

0902 When you are traveling

You never know what will happen on your journey. I can't beleive I am so lucky today. Everything seemed just happened in one day. I woke up in 5:30 in the morning and started to get everything ready. Joseph seemed need no sleep. He was there in so early morning. I said I planned to go camp but I have so many stuff which made me not like a backpacker haha. He saw my tent was big (I think it is for four people) and he lent me a one person one!!! Thanks him so much! He said it was left by one of his gust here. Anyway, I swiched the tent and it reduced my stuff a lot. My shuttle was on 7:30 just out side here. We took about 5 hr dirving to Denali. you can feel the vegetation and temperature change along the road. We are lucky to see Mt Mckinley on our way! My first thing when I arrived Wilderness Access Center was to make reservation of my campgroud for next few day an I was so lucky that there were still space in Wander Lake! I will stay two night outside in the Mountain Morning Hostel then move inside to Wander Lake for three nights and two nights in Sanctuty Creek. This was my plan and what I reserved in the beginning and it would going to have a big change!!
I went to a ranger's guid tour on meadow view trail around the entrance area at 2:00. It was very good. I like their avtive way of narration, some questions and answers. It makes you know more than just see everything by yourself. I always like to have a ranger guide tours in a national park. Myself is also a narrator in Kenting national Park in Taiwan. I think it is nice to learn how other people do. After that I saw two vedio about Denali and at 5:30 got on the mountain morning hostel's shuttel. I met Alkiko here. She is from Japan and this was also her first day here. You know what she is going to camp in wander lake on 9/4 which is the same day with me! She planed to camp there for 7 nights, unfortunately one the 3rd night the campground was sold out. She needed to move out one night and come back again. I had three nights in wander lake so I said why not share with me on the third night then she would need no moving and I have company! How wanderful :)
Not last, I met two Taiwanese people here, too! They planned to go for flight tomorrow which I didn't plan at all because it costs to much for me. There were looking for the third person because the flight takes three people one time and one flight cost $360. Anyway, I take it! It is a big money for me, but it seems like a chance once in a life time and people from your country!!!
It is for today. It really cold outside but my heart is warm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home